Dogs enjoy a great many different chew toys, bones and nylon substitutes and other objects designed for chewing, but rawhides are one of their favorites.
Nevertheless, there are some caveats about this popular chewing option and human companions should verse themselves well in the specific health concerns presented by dog rawhide treats. This article will illustrate a few of the important advantages and concerns associated with rawhide.
By the end of this short reading, you will be able to make an educated decision concerning the health of your dog when enjoying this chewy treat.
- The regular chewing on a rawhide treat is a good way to promote healthy gums and teeth. As they moisten the rawhide it becomes softer and wraps snugly around the dog’s teeth. This comfortably massages the gums and teeth removing the plaque and improving circulation.
- A chewing strip made from rawhide is a great alternative to chewed chair legs shoes and other household objects. Dogs have to chew may as well be something healthy and enjoyable as well as disposable.
- Do you remember teething, probably not, but it was an uncomfortable experience. Young puppies cutting their teeth on rawhide will avoid the moderate to extreme discomfort of this natural process. Furthermore, a tough rawhide strip will help them develop stronger jaws.
- There is a good chance your dog will absolutely love them. Many pet owners overlook the possible downsides of rawhide when they see just how happy and content their dog is chewing away. While the advantages are great, it is also important to be aware of a few health concerns.
- Rawhide can be a potential choking hazard. After prolonged chewing, small bits and pieces of rawhide can be pulled from the strip and become lodged in the throat. This can cause breathing trouble and medical attention.
- Swallowed whole, the lump of rawhide can become lodged in the stomach and cause intestinal blockage. Rawhide absorbs the moisture and becomes larger and larger. Often surgery is the only way to save s faithful companions life.
- The risk of intestinal damage can develop over time as small morsels of rawhide accumulate in the digestive tract and create blockage.
- There are also not as many regulations governing the dog treat trade. This means that some of the products made by inferior manufacturers can actually be toxic to the dog’s delicate digestive system.The Perfect Alternative — SOFT FLEXIBLE and DIGESTIVE DOG RAWHIDE by NEOS
NEOs has a superior product that dogs will love and owners will never regret. The soft flexible rawhide strips from NEOs offer the same oral-hygiene benefits as other varieties, but have none of the risks. The rawhides strips are tough enough for a good chew but soft enough to be digested and passed from the body with no risk of intestinal blockage.
NEOs Rawhides strips are completely non-toxic and the product of a patented process of cooking, slicing, and special preparations to create a treat that carries no risks and still satisfies the urge to chew.